Entitlement to a benefit during studies for single-parents

​A single-parent who is an income support benefit recipient can study in high school or in higher academy, and continue to receive the benefit during his studies.

In order to receive the benefit, you have to meet the following conditions:

  1. You have been a benefit recipient during 16 of the 20 months preceding to the start of studies.
  2. Studies may be continued in high school or in an institution for higher education, beside master's degree or PhD studies.

If you meet above conditions, you can study and continue to receive a benefit during your studies for a period of 3 years (36 months).

Reporting to Employment Service

A single parent who attend academic studies - is exempted from reporting to Employment Service if he is studying 30 hours a week or if he is both studying and working 30 hours a week.

If studying hours are below 30 weekly hours and you must report to Employment Service - receiving the benefit during your studies is conditional on your reporting at the Bureau of Employment Service.

Please note, as of January 1, 2019, to be entitled to an exemption from reporting to Employment Service, you will have to study at least 36 hours per week or both study and work 36 hours per week.