How to submit a claim

The claim for reserve service benefit must be submitted as personal claim or as a claim through the employer, depending on your status with the National Insurance Institute.



Submitting a personal claim independently to the NII

Those serving in reserve service shall submit independently a personal claim to NII branches, together with a military authorization (3010) or an authorization from the emergency manpower unit of the Ministry of Labor:

  • Self-employed workers who did not receive the payment within three weeks from the date of completion of their reserve service. In most cases the NII pays the benefit to the self-employed automatically based on data received from IDF, thus submitting a claim is not necessary. However, the self-employed who did not receive the benefit within three weeks of service completion can submit a claim independently. 
  • Those who are both self-employed and as salaried employees should make sure they are registered, at the Collection Department of the NII, as employed and self-employed. In order to prevent unnecessary debts, those whose daily income as employees or self-employed or both is below the minimum benefit, i.e. NIS 196.02 (as of Jan 01, 2014), should submit their personal claim only upon confirmation that their employer has received reservist's benefits from the NII. Those who are not willing to wait until their employer submit a claim to the NII, should indicate on the claim form, in column no. 2, their agreement to receive, at this stage, a benefit based on their income as self-employed, without a supplement up to the amount of the minimum benefit, and later, upon reception of  the claim of the main employer, that the overall benefit would be calculated anew.
  • Those working for more than one employer, who received a benefit from the primary employer (the employer who paid him a salary during reserve services), should submit to the NII a personal claim for a benefit supplement, together with 6 wage slips for the months preceding the month of the service, from all other workplaces (including from the primary employer).
  • Students in an institution of higher education.
  • Those who are not working.
  • Salaried workers who were on unpaid vacation for over 60 days on the first day of their reserve service.
  • Workers employed by a company that has ceased to operate or to exist, or for which dissolution proceedings have commenced.
  • Workers whose employer died, or who was declared bankrupt, legally incapacitated or against whom a receiving order was issued.
  • Salaried employees (working for daily or hourly wages) who worked less than 75 days during the three months that preceded the start of the service. They must attach to their claim an authorization from their employer indicating the dates on which the work began and ended, the number of working days during the 3 months preceding the service and wage slips or wage certificates for the 6 months preceding the service.
    Sabbaths and holidays, paid and unpaid vacation days, days of absence due to accident or illness, and days of absence due to mourning are also counted as part of those 75 days.

Personal claim and documents may be sent by the following means:

Submitting the claim through the employer

The following persons serving in reserve service shall submit a claim for reserve service benefit through the employer:

  • Salaried workers who receives a monthly salary (including workers with a monthly salary who worked only one day for a new employer and left the next day for reserve service, and workers with a monthly salary who only work a few days a month).
  • Salaried workers who do not earn a monthly salary, who worked at their present job at least 75 days within the three months that preceded the start of their reserve service.
    Sabbaths and holidays, paid and unpaid vacation days, days of absence due to accident or illness, and days of absence due to mourning are also counted as part of those 75 days.