The National Insurance Institute is at your side during your life, from birth to advanced age, granting you a variety of social rights adapted to changing life situations.
The National Insurance Institute is responsible for the social security of Israeli residents.
Its primary mission is to ensure means of subsistence for those unable to earn their living.
The National Insurance Institute collects insurance contributions from all residents according to their social background and status, and pays benefits to those entitled. Hence, the income of economically established groups is transferred to weak and vulnerable groups and, thereby, the National Insurance Institute contributes to a more equitable distribution of national income and the reduction of dimensions of poverty. Further information...
The Fund does not subsidize activities which the workplace is required to carry out under the law or regulations.
1. Research in the field of work safety and hygiene, designed so that its findings can be broadly applied in order to prevent or minimize work accidents.
2. Testing above-mentioned research findings by experimental programs in a particular factory, in an attempt to test their applicability and their contribution to the promotion of safety at the workplace.
3. Experimental programs in a particular factory, to enhance work safety in order to apply them in other workplaces.
4. Investigation, mapping and assessment of existing and future hazards in workplaces, suggesting solutions to remove these hazards and applying the proposed solutions.
5. Explanation, training and practice of the rules of conduct to prevent accidents at the workplace as well as activities to promote work safety in one of the following ways:
5.1 Employee and employer training in the subject of means and ways to increase work safety and following up on the application of those means – all at a workplace which has the following rules:
a. There is no legal obligation to have a safety committee.
b. There are no more than 150 employees and it has been proven to the NII's satisfaction that:
The workplace has put aside in its budget for the tax year during which the project will take place the means for funding of safety activities in an amount not smaller than the proposed amounts for the project.
In the tax year previous to the current year, the total expenses of the employer on safety activities at the same workplace are double or more than the amount mentioned in the proposal.
5.2 Concentrated training on work safety for employees and employers, under the condition that the body initiating or conducting the training course participates from its own budget in the funding of at least half the training expenses, in addition to any payment it charges for the training (the training will be funded under the condition that the employer is not required to hold it by law or regulations).
5.3 Workshops and other activities which are not training as stated above are designed to develop the awareness of work safety on the part of employees and employers.
6. Purchase of means, equipment and innovative accessories, which can contribute to work safety as well as installation of these means, on condition that the employer is not required by law to install the mentioned means, equipment or accessory.
7. Development or improvement of means, instruments and accessories designed to increase work safety and hygiene, in order to present them to other employers, on condition that the above-mentioned means, instruments and accessories can contribute to safety and hygiene in other workplaces.
8. Holding national information campaigns using mass media and other advertising means, meant to promote awareness of work safety and hygiene.