Children whose parents receive a disability or old-age pension

The National Insurance pays recipients of disability or old-age pension a supplement for children to their pension.

When the child is under the custody of either a parent who is not recipient of the pension or someone else, the parent or the person having custody of the child may request to receive the supplement for a child.

Under certain circumstances, the child himself can also request to receive the supplement.