Person under house arrest

A person under court-ordered house arrest may be entitled to a minimum subsistence income benefit during the period of house arrest, if they meet the eligibility requirements.

Conditions of entitlement to a benefit

  • The conditions of your house arrest are:
    - Full house arrest (24 hours a day).
    - House arrest for most of the day or during normal business hours.
    - House arrest with permission to leave only in the company and under the supervision of another person.
  • You work full days of work in a public organization as specified in the judgment.
  • You have no income or earn less than the amount of income support benefit. To view the benefit amounts, click here.
  • If you have a spouse, he or she must also meet all eligibility requirements for the benefit. Both your incomes will be taken into account.
  • If you own or use a vehicle (including a motorcycle) worth less than NIS 42,366 (as of Jan 01, 2022) NIS 44,611 (as of Jan 01, 2024) - you may be eligible for a benefit. In addition, if you have a vehicle that you use for medical purposes or if one of the children in your family is receiving a disabled child allowance – you may be entitled to a benefit under certain conditions. For more information, click here.

Submitting a claim for benefit

To receive the benefit, you must file a claim for income support benefit with your local branch of the National Insurance, and attach all the required documents, including a certificate of community service issued by the Prison Service's Superintendent of Community Service.

You can submit the claim in the following ways:
  • Fill out a claim on the website and submit it with supporting documents online.
  • Fill out a claim by hand and submit it with supporting documents via the website.
  • Submit the claim and documents by mail, fax or in the service box at your local branch.
  • Submit the claim at a branch public reception area - available only to those who have made an appointment in advance via the website.
    Please note that if you submit claim at branch with supporting documents, we will be able to verify the possibility of providing you with an immediate advance payment on the benefit.

Important information!

An income support benefit is only paid from the month of claim submission. Therefore, it is important to submit the application in the month in which you started community service.

You will not be eligible for a benefit as community service worker if you apply after the end of the service period.

Eligibility for continued benefit payment

You may also be entitled to a benefit after the service period ends.

To check whether you are still entitled to the benefit, you should contact the National Insurance's branch nearest to your place of residence.