The National Insurance Institute is at your side during your life, from birth to advanced age, granting you a variety of social rights adapted to changing life situations.
The National Insurance Institute is responsible for the social security of Israeli residents.
Its primary mission is to ensure means of subsistence for those unable to earn their living.
The National Insurance Institute collects insurance contributions from all residents according to their social background and status, and pays benefits to those entitled. Hence, the income of economically established groups is transferred to weak and vulnerable groups and, thereby, the National Insurance Institute contributes to a more equitable distribution of national income and the reduction of dimensions of poverty. Further information...
If you received an offer for a job that does not appear in the list below or if you are not sure whether this job is a vital work or not, we advise you to check at the branch of the National Insurance Institute nearest your place of residence, if it is indeed a vital work prior to the start of employment.
You can contact your branch via the website.
Unskilled labor at agricultural crop growing sites and packing houses entitles you to the bonus, including cleaning, but excluding clerical work.
Waiting tables, cooking, chambermaid duties and unskilled labor, including washing dishes and cleaning, except for clerical work.
Any unskilled labor at a gas station entitles you to the grant.
Professional jobs in metalworking that entitle you to the grant: metalworking and welding, engraving and milling, electricity, mechanics, instrument engineering, grinding.
Professional work in apparel that entitles you to the grant: Tailoring and sewing, pattern cutting, leather stitching.
All unskilled work in industrial plants and workshops entitles you to the grant, Such as unskilled labor in the construction, food and textile industries and in other industries, except for clerical work.
- Laying water pipelines and infrastructure in the Mekorot company (any work related to water production and distribution)
- Pumps care and
- Technical maintenance in the company's water facilities
Any job at a construction site entitles you to the grant, except for clerical work.
- Installing new connection system on construction site as per gas, electricity, telephone, heating and cables- Connecting new buildings to infrastructures, communications networks and electricity- Earthwork, paving, painting roads
- Erecting light poles and parking signs- Installing network lines on roads- Installing sun powered electricity production system - Installing air conditioners and sun-heated boilers on new construction sites- Installing lifts on new construction sites- Installing lifts on new construction sites- Installing low voltage system in new buildings
- Gardening in construction site
- Creation of green areas on new roads
- Polish (any work related to preparation of the apartment up to keys delivery to the tenant)- Pest extermination on new construction sites
- Works in company's offices such as: designers and technicians- Presale agents, even those permanently based on the construction site- Workers transportation
Providing care and personal assistance to disabled people - means assistance in carrying out everyday functions, such as dressing, bathing, eating, personal hygiene, moving around in the house, etc. or supervision of the disabled person to prevent harm or danger to himself or to others. Household work with a disabled person is not considered vital work.
If the following two conditions are fulfilled:
A person who worked as a caregiver to a personal with disabilities must attach to his claim for a grant a "Confirmation of employment for care and assistance at home" form.
A person who works as a caregiver and personal assistant to someone living in any of the following institutions:
A person who worked at any of the above institutions must attach an authorization of employment as a personal caregiver and assistant (form 1502) to his claim for the grant.