Conditions of entitlement

​You can be entitled to an income support benefit if you don't have any income or a low income.
You can check whether you are entitled to a benefit with the income support benefit calculator.

Conditions of entitlement to the benefit:

First condition - Residency

You have been a Israeli resident for at least 24 consecutive months.
I you have been a resident of Israel for less than 24 months without intermittence, you may be entitled to a benefit according to the conditions listed here.

Second condition - Age

You have already turned 20.

In certain circumstances such as disease, pregnancy, recovering from alcohol or drug addiction, studies in Ulpan or attending approved rehabilitation programs - you may be entitled to a benefit, if you already turned 18.
The parent of a child or a parentless minor - are entitled to a benefit regardless of their age.

Third condition - Income

The maximum amount of income allowing to receiving a full or partial benefit, depends on your age and family status. Incomes of all family members are taken into account. In specific cases, eligibility may be examined separately from the spouse, for more information, click here.
To examine how your income affects benefit rate - access the simulator for income support calculation.

Please note, for income calculation are taken into account incomes from work and not from work. Furthermore, we take into account the ownership of a car, a property or financial assets - For more information regarding income calculation, click here.

Maximum income amount (allowing to receive a full or partial benefit)

​Family status​Maximum income from age 20 up to 54​Maximum income from age 55 up to retirement age
​SingleNIS 3,044 ​​NIS 4,009
​Couple​​NIS 4,198 ​​NIS 5,750
​Couple + child​​NIS 4,652 ​​NIS 6,383
​Couple + 2 children​​NIS 5,457 ​​NIS 7,158
​Single + child​​NIS 7,304 ​​NIS 8,828
​Single + children​​NIS 8,112 ​​NIS 10,295

Income amount Updated to Jan 01, 2020

Fourth condition - Possession of a vehicle

Vehicle owners (including motorbikes) as well as those who use regularly a car they do not own, may only be entitled to a benefit if the vehicle's value is below NIS 41,373 .
If you own a car that is worth more than NIS 41,373 or two cars, you may be entitled to a benefit in certain cases, for more information, click here.
The vehicle's worth is determined according to car's price list of "Itzhak Levy" and based on the details of the car license: model, production year, owners and the likes. The price is established with the price list of either January or July (whichever is closer).

Fifth condition - Reporting to Employment Service

To be entitled to an income support benefit, your spouse and yourself must report to the Employment Service.

Reporting shall comply to Employment Service's rules. If you were offered a job by the Employment Service that you have either declined to accept or failed to cooperate, your right to the benefit will be suspended for two months.

In special cases, one may receive an exemption from reporting to Employment Service, for more information click here.

Sixth condition - Studies in higher

A person who studies in a higher education institution: post-secondary institution, Yeshiva, Institution for Torah studies or formation of priests - is not entitled to income support benefit.

Studying and being entitled to the benefit is only possible in the following cases:

  • A person who studies in a vocational training proposed by Employment Service.
  • A single-parent can study in a higher education institution (besides master or doctorate studies) and be eligible for a benefit, provided that he received a benefit in 16 out of 20 months preceding the month of beginning of studies. In such case, the benefit is paid during 36 months alone. A studying single-parent can be exempted from reporting to Employment Service, for more information click here.

Cases on ineligibility for the benefit

You will not be entitled to income support benefit in the following cases:

  • You are institutionalized and all your expenses in this institution are covered by the State Treasury, Jewish Agency, municipality or a religious institution.
  • Your spouse or yourself are serving in the permanent military service of IDF.
  • You are member of a Kibbutz or a cooperative Moshav.