Medical treatment

An insured person who is recognized by the NII as work injured person (throught a work accident or an occupational disease) is entitled to medical treatment, free of charge, for as long as he requires treatment as a result of the injury. In order to obtain the treatment, the employee must provide his health maintenance organization (HMO) with an employer's Referral form for medical treatment for a work-injured employee (form #250); A self-employed worker will receive at the HMO a Referral Form for medical treatment for work-injured sel-employed (form #283).

The type and extent of the medical treatment are determined by the HMO's doctor treating the insured person.