How to submit the claim

The birth grant is generally paid to new mothers automatically, and there is no need to submit a claim.
  • If you have received a confirmation of birth from the hospital, the grant shall be paid on the new mother's bank account.
  • Home birth - if you have received a confirmation of home birth from the Ministry of Health, the grant shall be paid without needing to submit a claim.

In the following cases a claim must be submitted to the NII in order to receive the birth grant:

  • If the new mother is an Israeli resident  or the wife of an Israeli resident who gave birth overseas.
  • If the baby was born in an Israeli medical institution which has no arrangement with the NII (except for births in the autonomous Palestinian area).
  • Parents who adopted a child or whose child was born to a surrogate mother.
One must complete a claim for a birth grant and submit it to the National Insurance Institute branch closest to their place of residence. The claim may be submitted by mail, fax or in the service box of the local branch.