Submitting a claim

The claim you need to submit after you have stopped working for a birth and parenthood period.

Please note, in situations where the mother's claim is filed automatically without being required to submit any claim to the National Insurance Institute, you have to inform the NII branch immediately after the birth that you intend to take a birth and parenthood period.

Documents to be submitted

Ways to send documents

Claim form and attached documents can be sent by one of following ways:

  • Filling out the claim form in writing, and sending it with additional documents by means of the internet site.
  • Submitting the claim and documents by mail, fax or in the service box of your local NII branch.

Please note, if you submit a claim after 12 months elapsed since the day you have stopped working, you may loose your entitlement to paternity allowance.