Third-party compensation

A person eligible for dependents’ benefits who sues a third party who caused the death of the insured person for any kind of compensation for losses (according to the Civil Wrongs Ordinance, New Version, or according to the Road Accident Victims Compensation Law, 1975) must inform the National Insurance Institute of the suit. The NII may also sue the injurer for the value of the benefits that it pays or will pay in the future to dependents due to the death of the insured.