Submitting a benefit claim during medical treatment

A claim for a benefit during medical treatment should be submitted on the form Notification of hostile action injury and claim for a medical treatment benefit. The claim should be submitted at your local NII branch. The claim can be sent also by mail, by fax, or by means of the local branch service box.

The claim must be submitted within one year from the date of the injury. A claim that is not submitted on time may impair your right to the benefit.

The following documents must be attached to the claim:

  • Documents attesting to receipt of medical or psychological treatment as a result of the injury.
  • If, from your standpoint, you suffer a mental injury due to the succession of security events, you have to fill out the following form: Questionnaire to Victims Claiming a Mental Injury Caused by the Succession of Security Events (BL/577).
  • Confirmation from the local police station. If the injury occurred in Judea and Samaria, confirmation must be obtained from the IDF.
  • Medical authorization of incapacity to work, signed by a doctor acting on behalf of aa authorized medical service.
  • A salaried employee must attach documents on his salary for the three months preceding the injury (each month should be itemized separately, including income tax, national and health insurance contributions).
    A self-employed worker must attach income tax assessments for the current year and the year that preceded his injury, to prove the rate at which his income was reduced.
The claim and relevant documents are transferred for approbation by the certifying authority of the Health Ministry.